2015 Odd Pawn Contest Rules
California Loan & Jewelry is once again celebrating the weird and wacky with its annual Odd Pawn Contest. The winner will receive a check for $300. The contest runs from April 10 to May 14.Contest RulesThe contest can be entered by sending an email to email@example.com and typing ODD PAWN in the subject field. In the email, include a photo of the item and a description of it. As an alternative, you can bring the item to the store, 916 J Street in downtown Sacramento, for review.
- Only one entry is allowed per email address. If multiple entries are received from the same email address ALL entries from that email address will be disqualified.
- Entries must be received by 5pm, May 14.
- Finalists will be notified of their selection via email by 5pm May 15. Finalists must agree to appear on the “Good Day Sacramento” TV show on Monday, May 18. They must arrive — with their items — at California Loan & Jewelry (916 J Street, Sacramento) by 8am May 18.
- Items that will not be accepted include human body parts, stolen items, illegal items or profane items/pornography.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information. Any entry that is found to be false or fraudulent will be disqualified.
- Contestants must be 18-years-old or older.
- Employees of California Loan & Jewelry and their relatives are ineligible.
- Any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements will be disqualified.
- All email entries become the property of California Loan & Jewelry; emails and photos will not be returned.
- Judging will be done by Warren Anapolsky and the staff of California Loan & Jewelry. The decision of the judges is final.
- The winning entry will be chosen by how unusual or odd the item may be. The item does not need to be for sale or pawn.
- By accepting the prize, the winner grants California Loan & Jewelry the right to use the winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media
- California Loan & Jewelry reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.